an immersion in the Heritage of Prato Industrial City
This one week workshop is aimed at designers and students of different disciplines, and serves as an introduction to the great design heritage of the city and its Textile Museum. It's a 5 day intensive immersion in the Prato textile district through the introduction of many leading companies and key figures that are actively shaping the European textile manufacturing landscape.
Prato and its industrial heritage are of international interest for textile art and design and we are really looking forward to presenting this inspiring city to people from all over the world.
What awaits you
- Practical workshops and expert talks held by industry professionals, artists and designers to expand your knowledge and inspire your creativity
- Guided tour of the Textile Museum of Prato with focus on machinery and production techniques of specific interest
- Behind the scene access and introduction to the museum’s archive with particular attention to the industrial product of the Prato area
- many networking opportunities
Moreover, the Textile Museum will be the starting point for a series of excursions:
- Guided visits to the local churches and historic palazzi
- Tours to some of the most exclusive textile production companies and their archives including meetings and introductions to the companies’ leading operatives
Come to prato!
Sign up for a unique textile experience
Duration: 5 days
Dates: to be decided, new session in planning
Group: we will be holding the camp with a minimum of 10 people up to a maximum of 15 people.
Cost: 650 Euro (includes lunch and aperitivo!)
a photo series about Prato by Marco Badiani