Re/collection: approaching the archive. A workshop at MUSEO DEL TESSUTO
We are back with some exciting news...we'll be holding a creative design methodology workshop for the elaboration of archives and collections!
The workshop "Re/collection: approaching the archive" is organized by the Museo del Tessuto Foundation in during the last days of its exhibition "Across Art and Fashion", visible at the Museum until the 19th of February 2017.
The workshop will be held on Saturday, February 18th from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, February 19th from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Design Lab of the Museo del Tessuto Prato, as part of the activities of the European project TCBL led by the Municipality of Prato.
Starting from the collection on display in the exhibition "Across Art and Fashion" the creative design methodology workshop is aimed at providing participants with tools for re-elaborating archive material and collections and using it as basis of inspiration and starting point for new projects.
Target: The workshop is open to design school students (textile/interior/graphic) and fashion, young freelance designers of all disciplines, operators and employees of textile companies, and anyone who feels the need to renew their creative processes by adding the dimension of working with collections and archives of the past.
- How to observe the collection: see and be inspired
- Pattern as an interpretative key
- Recognizing the identity and the main characteristics of the collection objects
- Working with the archive: references and contemporary examples
- Dexterity and practice: interpreting the artifact through deconstruction
- Mark making;
- The application of experimental practices to production activities of the participating designers